#Undecided's Story

12:18:00 PM

Yellow, everyone! It’s #Undecided – again! I hope everybody is having a good day!

As promised, I’m going to share with you my writing pieces. It’s absolutely a no brainer as to why I chose this one to share first. I’m pretty nervous actually, but I’m just super proud of myself for finally being able to be writing a fictional piece (sorry I’m narcissistic that way :p)




This piece started out with me jotting down BS about a girl being bored of her man (which most of us girls must know how it feels. Right? Right...), and in order to add the dramatic flair, I decided that she needed to be a knifing little bitch and cheated with a new man. But I’m a Disney-fan at heart and I LOVE happy endings!! Soooo.. long story short, this little piece got its own happy ending.

After I published it (yes, I have another blog for my personal writing pieces, go check out www.paulinenugraha.wordpress.com, I insist!! LOL), it dawned on me that I can so milk this little piece and create a whole fictional story about the girl and the two boys. So I started writing and sulking (yes I sulk when I’m stuck) and then did some more writing and long before I knew, I have 5 installments published and am currently stuck on installment #6 (yep, for the love of me I am nowhere near finish *sigh*).

Seriously though, I keep writing because I feel like a lot of women can relate to this story. Let’s face it, relationships do get boring and it can get super frustrating because men can be as dense as a wall and as clueless as a 2-year-old. 
*change table to men*


This also serves as a warning to all men (yes, my man included): treat your woman right. Just because you’re in a relationship doesn’t mean that we’re going to stick around forever if you stop making efforts.

Anyway, without further ado, here you go, guys, the very first installment. Enjoy!


A Story About a Girl and Two Boys – 1

A girl fell in love with a boy.
Because the boy was intriguing – for he was never short of tricks and stories and jokes.
They were always very happy.
A real happiness and not just a façade others use to put up for the world to see.

Days went by. Months turned to year.
The girl got bored – not because she didn’t love the boy anymore.
But because what was intriguing became a mere routine.
The boy ran out of tricks, stories, and jokes, and he stopped trying.
The girl tried opening his eyes but then she got tired of caring.
They were about to get married just because it was what was supposed to happen after years of being in a relationship – when the girl met a new boy.

The new boy was buoyant and fun – just exactly how the old boy was when they first met.
The girl was once again intrigued.
And to her surprise the new boy was as intrigued as she was.
They started talking and laughing – and the old boy was left behind.
The girl – torn in two – decided to be brave and give the new boy a chance – left the old boy at the altar.
Ridden with guilt, albeit happy with the new boy, she was never truly over how she broke her old boy’s heart.

Twenty years after that fateful day, the girl saw the old boy walking down the streets.
He was chatting with a young boy when he spotted her.
With a big smile on his face he introduced the young boy, “my eldest son” he said.
They decided to have coffee and the young boy excused himself politely.
She finally got her chance to apologize but he waved his hand and shook his head.
He said that he was very much in love with his wife and family and he might not had that if she hadn’t left.
He was finally thankful that she did.

Pleasantries were exchanged and goodbyes were said.
They were finally now at peace.
Truth might hurt, but it is always best to tell it as it is.
The girl and the boy learnt it the hard way.
But if they didn’t, they would have walked straight into a miserable life together, and wouldn’t it be just unfortunate.

Happiness is how you make it. How brave you make it.
The girl is now 65. She is still much in love with her new boy whom is now her husband.
They never had kids – just how she always wanted.
But she is happy. She truly is.
 

Soooo... what do you think? I’ve had a lot of feedback (most of them are good – yes, I pay people to compliment me! LOL), but the funniest comment I must say came from my other bff, G. This is how she Skyped me:
[10:53:12 AM] Grace: Twenty years after that fateful day, the girl saw the old boy walking down the streets.He was chatting with a young boy when he spotted her.
[10:53:15 AM] Grace: OMG, when I read that line I thought the old boy turned gay!!!

Seriously G, no... Nobody turned gay, but kudos for making me LOL!!

Okay guys, if you loved it and would like to read more, the 2nd to 5th installments are available at www.paulinenugraha.wordpress.com. Here’s a little reading tip: click “fiction” under Categories on the right-hand side of the page and then scroll down until you find installment #2 and then read up to #5.
I will holler when the #6 is done and uploaded!

As always, comments are welcomed! Thanks you guys :)

 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I think it's a simple great story especially becoz the writer is undecided :) I'm amazed.....
    Will read your wordpress too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice post *_* your blog is very good and interesting <3 im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks you guys *kisses* keep reading, alright?!

    ReplyDelete