Review : Collagen By Watsons Moisturising Body Lotion

12:55:00 AM

Hi everybody!

How's your holiday (for those of you who lives in countries that celebrates Eid/Idul Fitri like ours) or weekend (for those who lives in countries that doesn't) so far? Hope you've been having lots of fun! And before it's way too late, i wanna wish all of the Moslem readers a very Happy Eid Mubarak! Hope you had a wonderful one full of happiness, joys, and blessings this year!

As for myself, i don't really feel the weekend atmosphere at all because mainly i've been passing out ever since we arrived back from Taiwan yesterday. Been sleeping non stop, and hunny kept on feeding me medication for my horrible cold (so far my cold's getting better, but i developed a chesty cough again WTF, a real never ending cycle, i hope i don't sound like a friggin hypochondriac WTF) that i've not been able to function properly just yet. We had a very belated birthday dinner for Baby Boy (with family and closest friends, i like it private that way...), will be blogging about it but please be patient *LOL*. I can hardly keep my eyes open as i am typing this as it is. I'm gonna need a few more chilling days to be able to feel normal again i believe.

Thank God for my hoarding habit, because as usual, i feel uneasy if i don't blog regularly and i found this draft that had been sitting for way too long in my folder, so before it developed some moss or spider webs, i'm gonna post it! (and now i'd need to start hoarding more entries because i'm running out of drafted entries!).

It's another review for... can you guess it? Yeah, another body lotion heehee. I know I know, my most reviewed products’ are body lotions (or body creams, etc), what can I dooo? That’s the one product that I use daily and keep on running out on so I ended up trying a new one very frequently (same explanation whenever i review another body lotion *LOL*, i will stop saying this i hope). Oh, the second on the list is probably hair conditioners but I’m very boring when it comes to my hair care, I tend to stick to one brand (currently Dove) so I won’t be reviewing hair cares much (but I will do it from time to time okay).

If you read my Guardian HouseBrand Lip Moisturizing Balm review then you’d already know I love house brands, and this time I am also going to review another house brand’s product. No no, not from Guardian, but from my #1 favorite drugstore of all time (so far), Watson’s!

This is Collagen By Watsons Moisturising Body Lotion (100g) :

Now, I bought this quite a while back, and for the love of God I cannot remember where exactly I bought this. I mean, of course I bought this in Watson’s, dummy, I mean I don’t remember in which country.. I am pretty sure it was bought in Macau though (KL being the close second candidate, but I am pretty sure it was Macau, sorry I know I tend to say this a lot in my reviews, LOL, I hoard so much I can’t remember the exact place I bought them from if it’s been a while).


I originally bought this for my mummy because I see Collagen, I immediately think of her lah, elderly needs collagens right? (if she read this she’s gonna smack me hahaha) But then I remember buying her lots of cosmetics and body cares from non high end brands (whenever I went overseas/when I was a poor teenager, for her birthday) and she never used any of them FML and after a while she’d pass them to me, not even remembering I was the one who gave it to her in the first place (like this Red Earth eyeshadow) zzzzz.


That is so why I’ve been a bit reluctant to buy her stuffs ever since, but then she scolded me zzzz so I usually buy her clothes from a more expensive high street brands (for the designer branded stuffs’, that’s my 11 years older sister’s job to buy for her LOLOL, she’s the one who’s married to a billionaire! As for me, my hunny’s still a millionaire not a billionaire yet LOLOL, maybe in 11 years? Hahaha) and I’m pleased to say that she wears them *nods apporivingly*.

Anyway, remembering her million rupiahs a bottle skin cares, I decided to buy her other stuffs and use this body lotion myself. I actually loved it!
A simple plastic bottle with cheery yellow color
 


Hoh, I actually finished this body lotion for quite a while now I just keep the bottle to write this review before throwing it out, and only now I read the description on the bottle “ formulated with natural collagen from Germany and extracted from non-polluted deep sea fish”, wow! Thank God it didn’t smell fishy! Hehe, I like the smell actually.


Let’s see the texture of this lotion :

It is light (but not watery), soft and buttery, it applied very smoothly and absorbed quite easily (but not super fast and then gone with no trace haha) and keeps my skin (and hunny’s) supple and soft for hours. If you read my previous body lotions/cream reviews you’d know that I always test them with my palms. This lotion left my super sensitive palm soft and moisturized, so it’s a very good sign! You’d also know I hate greasiness and slippery feeling on my skin, and this body lotion didn’t cause anything like that! It keeps your skin soft and moisturized definitely but without the extra greasiness. Two thumbs up!

You should also know I have a very sensitive nose as well, I didn’t like Dove Body Silk and The Skin Food’s Body Cream but I actually like this one’s a lot! It smells really soft, reminds me a little bit of baby powders, with a hint of floral. Actually it smells very vintage-y haha, brings me back to olden days you know? When I was a little kid, somehow. Haiyah I dunno how to describe lah, you know I’m horrible at explaining fragrances and smells :p. But it’s not overpowering and generally pleasant, in my opinion.

Oh, I know the packaging’s not very cute or whatever, in fact it’s super boring haha, but that’s expected from House Brands, I guess it keeps the costs low? I dunno… I don’t mind lah, I cannot be bothered to buy super cute packaged body lotions all the time, they’d cost me three or more times more than the humble drugstores/house brands :p (yes, I buy them sometimes, but not always, balance is important, my friend). I cannot remember the price of this lotion obviously, but I think it’s pretty cheap (should be lah, I don’t think I’d buy it if it’s not very cheap).


I don’t know if this is available in Indonesia, but its Watsons house brand so it would only be available in Watsons (Captain Obvious) and since I think Watsons only available in Jakarta (damn you, Watsons!!!) then it might be available there? I wasn’t paying any attention the last time I was in Jakarta, I was distracted to the sale section HAHA. 


It’s very value for money as well because you don’t need a whole lot of it to spread all over your hand and legs (or any other areas you please *smirk*), a little goes a long way with this baby (unlike most drug store body lotions that you'd need a LOT usually) so this tiny bottle actually lasted me longer than I expected it would. 


I guess it’s clear that I love it? And yes, I’d be repurchasing it next time I go to any city/country that has Watsons *pathetic* (UPDATE : Okay, i've been to various Watsons, more than 7 so far but as usual, got distracted by a LOT of other things that i didn't even remember about this product until i dust off the entry from my draft), I’m gonna buy the biggest bottle! And yes, I’m highly recommending it for everybody who loves a good moisturizing body lotions and doesn’t mind the plain packaging or the low price (some people do mind cheap stuffs!!! Like my mum! She doesn’t believe cheap products could be any good zzz).


Hope y’all find this review helpful!!

OOTD all the way back from May, found this while i was resizing my Batu family trip that i'm gonna blog about ASAP!



You Might Also Like

0 comments