Eye Stories 19 : Esqido Liner (SPONSORED)

1:22:00 AM


Hallloo guys!


Do you remember that i reviewed a pair of lashes and their glue companion from the brand Esqido a while ago? (If you haven't read it, you can read my review on Esqido Lashes here


So, they actually come up with new products and reached out to me once again, since i love working with them last time, of course i said yes!

Their new product is called Esqido Liner, gel eyeliner pencils ^^.
Esqido Liner
At the moment, the Liner comes in two staple eyeliner shades : black and brown.
FYI, i do wear a LOT of eyeliners. I never feel complete without my signature puppy liners and i also always line my waterline halfway otherwise i would look a bit like a mole rat *LOL*. But i usually work with liquid and regular pencil liners. I have never used gel eyeliners (whether they come in the usual pot or in pencil shape like this, i just never ever worked with gel liner at all!) before so i am a little bit worried but also excited when i first get them.
Esqido Liner comes in a sleek white cardboard box, as usual their packaging are chic and luxurious looking despite the fact that they are a bit squished due to shipping *LOL*
Ingredient list
Don't forget to close your eyeliners after using, they might dry out!
Like the box, the actual liner is also white. It is cased in a pencil shaped matte plastic and it has a retractable mechanism. Esqido definitely always get their aesthetic right
Esqido Liner in Black
Look at this. I have never seen a prettier pencil liners in my life *LOL*. But the fact that the packaging is white and matte and the product is kinda creamy means that now my liner doesn't look so flawless anymore *LOL*. I have black and brown smeared around the rim of the liners and they're impossible to clean 
I've been using these eyeliners for weeks and yet i didn't realize that they come with built-in sharperners *LOL*. Honestly i was getting abit annoyed at how blunt my liners are now and was wondering how i should sharpen them. Stupid me, i should've looked at their website earlier (yes, that's how i learned that they have built in sharperner hahaha)
Wearing Esqido Liner in black 
I was very surprised when i first tried it because i usually hate using pencil liners on my eyelids (i use them on my waterline) because pencil liners are usually drier so they can tug a bit on my eyelid but i didn't encounter this problem with Esqido liner. Their liner's super creamy and pigmented, the black one's like JET BLACK (probably the blackest black eyeliner i've tried so far) and super bold with just one stroke. I know it might not look THAT pigmented in the photo above but that's actually because of the very strong light from my ring light because in real life it's a lot more blacker.

To be completely honest with you, if you ask me if i am now a convert to gel liners for my eyelids then my answer is no. I still much prefer using liquid eyeliners because i am just a lot more comfortable with them (it's a matter of preference, my cousin swears by gel liners and refuse to use any other type of liners) and i work so much better with liquid eyeliners.

I also have trouble making a my signature sleek puppy eyes (which tapered down to a sharp tail) with the liner's chubby tip. Yes, i do realize they can be sharpened but the creamy texture means that by the end of the tail, the tip would definitely be blunt again. Unless you don't mind sharpening the eyeliner twice for each eyes - which i totally do (plus each liner only has 0.5g worth of product, i can imagine you running out of them faster than lightning if you keep on sharpening them, twice for every use! And for USD 16 it's just not very economical at all). I just don't want to spend more time than necessary on my eyeliners when i can do it in 5 seconds using my usual liquid eyeliners. But if you like thicker eyeliner and don't do wings, then this is the perfect liner for you! I personally prefer to use them on my waterline and not so much on my eyelids.

They also claim that they liner are very long lasting, which i can vouch for. But, there is a bit of an issue if you have hooded eyed like i do and if you eye area's oily. The liner really stay on perfectly the whole day but i do notice that they smudge a bit on my upper lid and also under my eyes (so you can be left with panda eyes at the end of the day if you're not careful). They do explain that their liner can be used smudged for smokey eye effect, now this is again purely a matter of preference because i prefer eyeliners that locks in and won't smudge - i personally have this quality as one that liners should have to be able to my top picks. 

Another thing worth noting is the fact that if you live in a hot climate like i do, they can melt and becomes soft. The black one slid off the casing entirely one day, much to my horror! I was able to push it back in the casing but i have no idea if the retractable mechanism would still work since the liner was completely detached from the casing! The Brown is slightly tougher so i thankfully didn't encounter the same problem with the brown one.
Esqido Liner in Brown
Comes in an identical casing as the black one, the only difference is the brown ring instead of the black one to indicate the actual liner's shade
This was the fresh liner before i used it at all, you see what i mean with the chubbt tip?
Wearing Esqido Liner in Brown
I think you can see clearly that i struggle to make a defined tail on my wing due to the shape of the liner
The brown one is not as pigmented as the black one (still very pigmented tho) and somewhat less creamy (it is in no way tough tho, just not as soft as the black one) so i find the brown one to also be less smudgy and safer to use. I also happen to really like the shade, it makes me look less mean *LOL* and more innocent looking somehow compared to bold black liners. I notice much less smudges on my eyes on the days i wear the brown one.
Swatches of Esqido liners in Black and Brown. I honestly find them swatch better on my arms than my eyes because let's face it, i am in my mid 30s and my eyelids are not compeletely smooth so it's just not as easy to draw on my eyelids like it is on my arms
I decided to test them under running water
They are completely water proof and i would feel safe going swimming with them on!
This is after i rub them vigorously, completely intact. Crazy, huh?
So at the end of the line, i would say that Esqido liners are nice products and they would work wonderfully for those of you who are looking for super pigmented, creamy gel liners that is super waterproof and long lasting. Especially for those of you who are die hard gel liner users like my cousin, i mean... I'm sure that the pencil form is a lot more convenient than a jar and separate brush?

However if like me, you want defined tails on your wings, convenience of liquid liners (no sharpening needed and stuffs) and complete smudge-proof ness, then i don't think this is the product for you.

I personally would continue to use them because i do love using them on my waterline, it's quick (literally takes me 1 seconds for each eye), bold and they definitely have make their way into my everyday makeup pouch, if only they are a tad more smudgeproof then i would definitely call it the perfect waterline eyeliners!


Esqido liners are currently on a limited time launch promo for USD 12 (normal price is USD 16) so if you are looking for a great gel liner, you should head to their website and grab them now!


Thank you Esqido for sending me these lovely products!
#Pink

You Might Also Like

0 comments