Food4Skin 08 : Maxine Acne Clear Series (SPONSORED)

10:58:00 PM

Hey guyyyssss :D!!!

I haven't been sharing about skin care for a little bit, haven't i? Now, this is rare (because i normally share skin cares that are not specifically targeted for acne prone skin) but i actually have a skin care series review on products that are especially made to combat acne!

It's Maxine Acne Clear Series ^^ :
Maxine Acne Clear Series IDR 750,000 (set)
So Maxine is actually a Surabaya based aesthetic clinic, but today i am not going to talk about their clinic or treatments but i am going to focus on one of the series (they have quite a few) from their skin care line. Btw, all of Maxine's products are BPOM certified and are Halal.
The luxe package that arrived at my door stop ^^
The complete series of Maxine Acne Clear Series
Maxine Acne Clear Series compiled of 5 products from cleansers to serum, cream and BB Cream
One thing that is very special about Maxine's products is the fact that the main ingredient in all of their products is Galactomyces 97% or better known as Pitera (i'm sure y'all heard of Pitera as Pitera is used by a lot of premium skin care brands!). Usually products containing Pitera would be super expensive and now Maxine has successfully provided us with Pitera-contained products with more pocket-friendly price tags.
So the reason why i chose the Acne Clear Series instead of the more neutral lines that i would usually opt for is because my skin had been acting out, a lot more than i've experienced in a very long time. It's mainly stress induced because i've been through some high stress situations in the last few months and because i've been forced to use a lot more makeup than i normally wear in long extended period of time, my skin's certainly haven't been happy with me! As a result, i get loads of white heads all over my face and occasional big, huge pimple at one or two spots on my face (you might already know that i never really got zits normally so this is making me even more stressed out!) so i really had high hope for this line to help calm my skin down and return it to its normal condition.

I have been using this series religiously for the past two weeks and i have definitely been able to form a strong opinion on them. Let's talk about the products one by one first before we get into the result.
Maxine Facial Wash for Oily & Acne - Prone Skin , 100 ml IDR 70.000
It comes in a simple white plastic bottle with silver flip top
To be used twice a day
With the number 1 displayed on the side of the bottle, indicating that this is the first step for the routine
The texture of the facial wash is quite runny with pearlescent white color
It is not very lathery at all and quite thin as you can see from this picture after i mixed it with water
One thing that i first notice about this product is the scent, which is pretty strong and medical smelling. This means that it has no unnecessary perfume added, but also means that if you are fussy with not very nice smelling scent, then you might just have to brave it haha.

I quite like this cleanser as it does work well to cleanse my skin thoroughly (remember to always use makeup remover first if you have been wearing makeup because facial cleansers would never be enough to remove makeups!), it does give my skin a bit of a tight and stretched feeling (this is common for acne fighting facial washes) but as long as i immediately continue with the next steps, i would no longer feel the tightness anymore.
Maxine Micellar Water , 100 ml IDR 80.000
It comes in an exactly identical bottle as the facial wash
I always appreciate products that comes sealed to ensure its newness and hygiene
So when i first saw the micellar water, my initial thoughts is that it is like the usual micellar water you use to clean your makeup and or skin, but i was also confused because they claim it to be a 3in1 cleanser, toner and refresher because if it is a toner and refresher, then i couldn't be used as a normal micellar water (which i normally use before facial cleanser). Turned out for Maxine, the micellar water is actually the second step after the facial wash, which means it is more like the traditional toner than anything else.

The micellar water has a water like texture and it has a normal, calming skin care scent. As it is micellar water and not straight up toner, i find it to be very mild and calming. It doesn't seem to contain a lot of alcohol too so it doesn't sting my skin even when i have healing acne scars. It works well to make sure there are no dirt or makeup left on my skin and preps my skin for the next step.
Which is...
Maxine Glutathione & Vit C Serum , 15 ml IDR 230.000
It comes in a medical looking green glass bottle with dropper top
It is a brightening serum and to be used twice a day


I like the packaging a lot, this makes application a lot easier as you only need to drop one or two drops on your hand and apply
The serum is very watery with yellowish color (most probably due to the Vitamin C ingredient)
Honestly i was a bit concerned about this product as usually my skin doesn't do well when it comes to layering. Using serum before moisturizer would usually cause my skin to develop white heads while using it alone is never enough. I guess as it is specifically "prescribed" in the acne clear series, i didn't face any of these problems.

The texture is very nice, it is watery and gets absorbed into my skin very fast without leaving any greasiness or residue behind. I use this on its own in the morning when i don't go out or under the BB Cream (used like this the oil control is super good!) if i go out, and under the acne cream at night.
Maxine Brightening BB Day Cream For Oily & Acne - Prone Skin , 10 gr IDR 160.000
It comes in a jar with a pretty nice and interesting shape
There is an inner cap as well to make sure the product would not spill everywhere
The cream is pretty thick and a little whipped in texture
There is only one shade and as you can see, it looks pretty light on my hand - and i actually have a very pale skin! So i am a bit concerned on how it may look on deeper skin tones?
It is very smooth
As you can see from the pictures, the BB Day Cream is tinted and for me, everything tinted is considered makeup. I don't like to wear makeup when i am not going anywhere so i only use it whenever i go out. It actually has a bit of a coverage too, not much, but it's there.
I have acne scars on my chin, no more active pimples but the scars always takes a while to fade
After applying Maxine BB Day Cream. Since there are a bit of coverage, i only need a bit of concealer to perfectly conceal all of my blemishes.
As the whole series actually dry my skin out a little, i find it to be a little hard for me to blend the BB Day cream on top of only the serum as it clings to dry patches. Blending is a little easier if i use primer/sunscreen/more moisturizer on top of the serum 
As you can see, it is pretty ashy
But as long as you apply your makeup correctly and use warm colors on your face, the end result is pretty nice
I actually quite like the BB Day Cream, as it is targeted for acne prone skin i feel safe to use it as it won't clog my skin or cause white and black heads even though it does look a bit thick when applied - and it really does keep white and black heads away from my face while making sure i get that little bit of coverage that i need. 

One thing to notice is the fact that when used on its own on top of only the serum, the oil control is crazy. I would never need to blot the whole day! But there is a catch. As it is a bit drying and so are the rest of the products in this line, i face a problem that i've never faced before : my base makeup would crack and become extremely cakey after a few hours! Like i mentioned earlier, the trick to keep your makeup looks good with this routine is by using primer/sunscreen/extra moisturizer on top of the serum but that would also means that the oil control would be gone by half -i personally prefer to blot than having cracky, cakey skin!
Maxine Acne Care Cream , 10gr IDR 210.000
It comes in an identical jar as the BB Day Cream but with navy blue sticker on it
Make sure you avoid eye area when using this cream
The texture is very interesting as it doesn't look similar to other creams i have used before
It's quite thick and lumpy, you only need a little bit to use , please don't use too much because it actually gives a bit of a stinging sensation on my skin
This one has a scent that takes quite a while for me to get used to. It smells kinda burnt, but yeah - after a while it finally stops bothering me haha. I was worried that acne care cream would mean that it would make my skin even drier (after the facial wash, i definitely feel like my skin needs a bit of moisturizing) but fortunately it doesn't. On the contrary, it makes my skin suppler and softer after use.

So about result after using it for 14 days?

It works! But, it is a journey and you really should not expect a result overnight (because actually you need to be alarmed if your skin care change your skin dramatically over night! There might be some crazy chemicals in it) and you need to be patient.

In the pamphlet, there is a warning that for sensitive skin, you might get some pimples in the first week of usage - this means that the products might make you go through a "purging period" which is actually pretty common when it comes to skin care. I kinda expected it (because i do have quite a sensitive skin and i don't normally use acne specific products, ever!) but it still shocked me when i got 3 HUGE pimples on my forehead and chin. But i kept on using the line diligently and i see how they dry out those pimples super fast as well as drying out other small pimples and whiteheads that were already there in the first place. I really felt that they flush out all of the imperfection under my skin, bring it out and heal them. On areas where there are no blemishes, my skin becomes super soft, silky and smooth!

Like i mentioned earlier, i also notice that the line does makes my skin dryer, i notice this especially when i wear makeup as my skin would look a bit stretched and papery - thus i believe that this line is only to be used as a whole when needed (that's why the serum, BB Day Cream and Acne Care Cream are in a smaller size? I am guessing that it would last me a month top) and when your skin has improved, i do believe that you should switch to their lighter, less intense line or at least ease up on the facial wash because i think it is the main thing that dry my skin out.


So yeah, in my personal opinion, this line definitely works and it really helps my skin out. I no longer have any pimples now and most of my white and black heads also dry out and can be extracted very easily. I will continue using the line but in combination of other, more moisturizing products as i don't think it's a good idea to continue drying my skin out when my skin has obviously clearing up.

Would i recommend this line? Yes, if you are serious about battling your acne, but you have to commit to it and realize that there are side effects (like the drying out part). I am not saying that these products WILL make your skin purge, but it CAN. 

Overall i am very impressed with Maxine products and this makes me pretty curious to try out their other products and especially, their treatments.
Maxine Acne Clear Series
So that's my experience with Maxine Acne Clear Series!

Thank you Maxine and Surabaya Beauty Blogger for the chance to try out these awesome products, and i'll talk to y'all soon!
#Pink

You Might Also Like

0 comments