South Korea 2017 : Busan Gamcheon Culture Village

8:28:00 PM

Hey y'all!

When i planned all of my South Korean trip, i actually totally forgot about Gamcheon Village (because it's almost been a whole year and i have the memory of a hamster!), the real reason is because i categorized my photos in that trip according to the places we went to, and i didn't even bring my camera to this place thinking that there wouldn't be that much to photograph (WRONG!) anyway so all of the photos of Gamcheon Village were taken using my Oppo phone camera and the backup photos were stored in a completely different folder *LOL*.

How can i forgot about this colorful, beautiful and downright delightful place, i have no idea. Because it really is a must visit!
Busan Gamcheon Culture Village 
203 Gamnae 2(i)-ro, Gamcheon-dong, Saha-gu, Busan, South Korea
The picture above was taken at the Grand Budapest Doll Hotel, which is a small museum housing vintage dolls. We didn't have time to go in so we just quickly took a pic outside it, would love to return and spend more time here and i'd love to enter the museum next time!

Anyway, we arrived at Gamcheon Village during lunch time and as soon as we got off the bus, we found a very rustic, village-y restaurant where we decided to have our meal at.
I think this was hunny's cold noodle. I can't, for the life of me, consume a cold noodle because they taste super weird for me. But it was pretty enough to photograph hahaha. Can't remember what i had, most probably yukgaejang (which is my fave Korean soup, but in the mother land yukgaejang are often almost beef-less due to the high price of beef here *LOL*. i'd rather have yukgaejang in Indonesia or Singapore with heaps of beef!) and somehow i didn't take a pic of it
Saw Paik's Coffee all over Busan but didn't manage to get a freshly made ones in the cafes, since i die die also wanted to try - i settled for the instant version. Not happy about it ofc, gotta go back and try the proper ones!
Gamcheon Cultural Village - one of the rainbow villages of the world hehe
I love loveeee the vintage, homey vibe of this place!
Found uber cute chick hair clips there and i was OBSESSED with it. Honestly have no idea where it is now -___-
There are so many unique, one of a kind types of details in this village. Super duper charming!
These human headed bird statues are very disturbing tho hahaha
I know now how people sometimes mistaken me for being petite. It's thanks to my hunny's weird photography skills (or the lack of HAHAHA). I am far from petite in reality haha
So manny alleys and stairs leading to hidden jewels
#OOTD, yes i packed all colors of tutus for my trip
Half statues wearing ahjumma pants...
Found these traditional flower shoes that are supposed to bring luck, so ofc my mum bought heaps and forced us to buy a pair too. Chinese people cannot see anything that promises to bring luck without die die have to buy it okay, i definitely got it from my mom!
There are loads of street snacks sold along the streets too. Somebody (hunny? CL?) bought this hotteok (Korean sweet pancakes), i do love hotteoks too! I think this one's filled with sunflower seeds
FOTD. Was wearing colorful eye makeup because i was endorsing some makeup that time haha
Happily took loads of touristy pics
Also queue up to take pics with the Little Prince's statue. One of the thing that Gamcheon Village's most famous of i guess, the queue was pretty long and i normally wouldn't even dare to climb this type of a set up but i guess my desire for an Instagrammable pic is always bigger than my fears *LOLOLOL*. 
Saw some super pretty little cafes too, wish we had time to go in!
Saw these stairs painted as Harry Potter books, as a huge Potterhead ofc i squealed a bit and insisted on a few snaps
Model of the village
One more with the Little Prince! Wouldn't have discovered this if we weren't looking for toilets haha
LOL. In this pic the teeth are disturbingly real looking!
Felt super happy there! I think my desire to return to Gamcheon Village (preferably with Olin or Angel so we can take tonnes of pics!) is strong enough for me to want to return to Busan soon!
Told ya i am obsessed with the chick! Btw, i kinda miss my light hair now
Silly photo spots are dime a dozen here. I can spend a whole 12 hours taking pics at every nooks and crannies here - easy!
But it was getting dark and i think we had to catch the last bus or something. The stores also closes pretty darn early around here
Gotta stop for a pic at every pretty spot we passed by tho!
Chicky chicky chicky!
Such a peaceful little village
So charming, i can't!
We returned to hustle bustle of center Busan after this (and survived the scary bus ride going down hill. Korean bus drivers... They are on par with Taiwanese bus drivers in terms of scariness LOL), but i think i kinda left my heart there... A top must visit if you ever find yourself in Busan!

I still have a few posts covering random things we did and places we went to during this trip, i just can't let them go without commemorate them!

#Pink

You Might Also Like

2 comments