Wearable Lunar New Year Look Tutorial

3:44:00 PM

Hello!!!

My God, how is it almost CNY/Lunar New Year again >.< (not a very happy news for married people since we have to provide hong baos hahaha)... 

For a collaboration with Blogger Ceria members, i created this rather dramatic but still highly wearable look :
My version of Lunar New Year Makeup ^^
When you hear Lunar New Year, the color red and gold immediately come in mind-obviously i incorporated both colors on my look. Rather than step by step tutorial, imma focus on the area that takes most work : eyes.

But just in case you interested to know what products i used for this look, i'll write them down too.

I want a pale, white skin for this look so i made sure i used my lighter shade of base makeup.

FACE :
*Mizone Snail Repair BB Cream
*Anna Sui Compact Powder
*Clinique All About Eyes Concealer
*DHC Medicated Concealer
*Marcks Loose Powder 

BLUSH :
*Red blush from Australis makeup palette

HIGHLIGHTER :
*Nella Fantasia Aura Highlighter (White Pearl)

EYES : 
*Etude House Eye Primer
*Mukka Simplicity Eyeshadow Palette
*Mizzu Liquid Eyeliner 
*Etude House Tear Drop Liner (Sunlight Tear)
*Maybelline Turbo Boost Volum' Express Mascara
*Kael falsies (cut in half and used as corner lashes)

BROW :
*Zoya Cosmetics Brown Eyebrow Pencil Liner

Lips :
*Revlon Just Bitten Kissable 045 Romantic

And here are the step by step tutorial for the eye makeup :
First i use a neutral shade color all over my lid as a base (after applying primer), i like shimmery shades better so i used a very pale champagne color all over my lid but you can replace it with a matte shade
Then i use a shimmery red shade (i am using Mukka's eyeshadow palette only for the eyeshadow in this look and all of the shades in the palette are shimmery-which i don't mind at all) on my crease and outer V, blending it upwards. I want this look to be very wearable so i avoided super pigmented, pale red for my eyes and use shimmery, lighter shades instead
To define my crease more, i add shimmery brown shade 
Then for accent, i apply orange-ish gold shade in the middle of my eye lid
Time for some liner! Oh, and i like to do my brows after i apply eyeliner :p
After applying the black eyeliner, i add a champagne glitzy liner on top (mainly because i don't think i have a gold liquid liner...)
Apply mascara and corner lashes, then go back with the red eyeshadow on outer half of my waterline and connect the other half with the same champagne liquid liner i used earlier
We're done!
Then i just finish up the look with some reddish blush on (to keep the whole look tied), contour my nose, add blinding highlighters on my cheek bones and nose bridge-and ofc : red lipstick. If i am going out at night, i would wear very bright, opaque red-but since i was going out in the middle of the day, i decided to tone down the look a bit and wore a sheerer, less starking red lips.
And we're done!
All ready for CNY!
I hope you like the look! It's quite simple and easy, but i like the result ^^!
Ofc,  want to wish Happy Lunar New Year for those who celebrate! Hope you get lots of hong baos :D!

#Pink

You Might Also Like

0 comments