Little Paper Crane Fly Away...

12:01:00 PM

Hi guys..

Surprise! I didn't wait until the very last day of the month to post *LOL*.

I don't really go out much in 2020 ofc, we're still fighting against the darn pandemic and all - but once in a while i do meet up with my friends and i decided to dress up whenever i do because otherwise i am going to grow into my home uniform for sure. I need to be reminded how to dress up and and how good i feel when i wear nice clothes!

So here's a new fashion related post for you ^^, maybe it can be a reference to all mid sized girls out there (who wears M-L, who is not skinny enough for the "beauty standard" but not quite plus sized either. We're so often cast aside and forgotten, aren't we? LOL). 
Mid sized girls too, can rock everthing. Screw rules and those tips on what to or not to wear to look slimmer. I wear colors, loud colors, pastel colors, pattern, stripes and whatever i want to wear and i make sure look damn good on them. So are you!
Admittedly, i am not really a maxi cut kind of person. I LOVE midi cuts, but my issue with maxi cuts is because although i am very very girly and quite feminine (definitely not a tomboy in any sense), i am not graceful. At all. Like, really. I trip over myself all the time, fall down and hurt myself badly for no reason at all so maxi cuts.. It just spells disaster for this clumsy lady haha. I still wear them from time to time, but i really have to be extra careful. 
And i don't know if you can tell, but the color scheme is also not really something i would usually go for. I mean, i have no problem wearing it, like i said - i think i can rock any color fine. It's just not exactly my cup of tea
The only reason that i have this dress? My sister passed it to me *LOL*. My sister is quite petite (probably 8 cm shorter than me) so i have no idea why she would even buy something like this, and then she went on a diet (this whole family has a problem of yoyo dieting, apparently) and the dress (brand new and all) then got too big for her (i mean.. Look at how the dress fits me who is at least 2 sizes bigger than her and a whole load taller. It almost sweep the floor for me! And it fits loosely on me too!) so she gave it to me. It's a perfectly nice dress, i wouldn't say no to it!
The dress' color and pattern first the somewhat tropical look of the background, don't you think? 
Well, i know it's autumn already but in this country of endless summer, i would melt to puddle if you ask me to wear autumn clothes *LOL*. Imma stick to light and summery clothing until the weather cools down a little and then maybe.. Just maybe, i would be able to wear something thicker without getting a heatstroke.
I feel like the dress is very vintage looking so i decided to style it accordingly

Paired it with this vintage looking hard case bag. I got it as a present from L many years ago but never gotten around to wear it *LOL*. It's a recurring theme with me, i have way too many things. But i cut back a lot this year and it's a great thing as i finally have time to use what i have instead of letting them rot and collect dust in my room/walk in closet. Btw, i'll let you in on a little secret, L actually got me two of these bags, they look almost identical so i don't understand why she gave me two for, i passed the other one to one of BFFs because i see no sense in keeping both. Don't tell L.
Necklace from Usupso. I'm super cheap when it comes to costume jewelry nowadays, so i only got this (well, hunny got it for me) when it was on a 70% off or something haha. Btw if you're distracted by my nails, my apologies. They are fake and it was the first time i learnt to stuck them on, plus according to experts, the sizing is a bit off so they cannot look exactly natural on haha.
 
Every piece of item in this look has a back story. You know i am a story teller so i gotta tell you everything! The pair of giant golden hair clips are brand new too, i bought it online when one of the BFC member spread the "shopping virus" of a fashion accessories crazy sale at Shopee. They look tiny on the picture used by the online shop and i was stunned when they arrived, 5x bigger than i anticipated. But i think they still look pretty, thankfully. Oh and yea, my highlighter really was popping that day huh
BUT! The star of this look of which i am creating the whole outfit together for is actually...
It's the little paper crane earrings!

Can you see it?
Here, lemme show you a close up hehe. Pretty, right???
Of course they are beautiful, they are pretty special okay
This is Orizuru (authentic Japanese brand) Origami Crane Earring, made from Yuzen-dyed Japanese paper that is only 4cm long (!!!) and carefully folded. Yes, it's hand woven and there are no 2 items with the same design so you can say that each pair can only be owned by one person in the world. How much more special can that be? In Japanese traditional culture, origami cranes are believed to be "symbols of peace" so these earrings also a symbol of a lucky item that is able to "draw good luck and makes your wish come true". I don't know about you but honestly i am a sucker for symbolism and everything that said to bring good luck or fortune my way, i will be sold hahaha.

Anyway, you do not have to go to Japan (or specifically Hiroshima, where these type of crane earrings are most famous from) if you want a pair of your own or to give to someone special as you can purchase them online from Tocoo Mall . There are a lot of other Japanese products available other than the earring that you can get from Tocoo Mall and you can even get 10% using code NB2AH - only until the end of November 2020!
Now shall we marvel at the craftmanship of this earrings? Btw it is also made from surgical stainless steel so those of you who have sensitivities to metals can also wear them as they are allergy free! 

To be honest with you, i always admired these paper crane earrings whenever i was in Japan and always wanted one so... You can say i am pretty stoked that i have a pair now
I cannot even make a normal sized paper crane so a tiny one like this really stun me haha

Last none before we move on. Oh yeah, for those of you who keeps on saying i have no pores, that's not true at all.. I have pretty large pores, especially on my left cheeks and my nose, there are some small scars too but you do have to be extremely close to my face to see them haha, this is a very very zoomed in pic indeed :))

So if you are wondering where the hell i took these pictures with strong Bali vibes are
It's Le Cafe Gourmand, the West branch haha. Loads of Instagenic spots at the outdoor area, just make sure you come when the sun is not too strong already

They are pretty content creator friendly, meaning they won't bother you taking endless pics and also if you take endorsement pics. Ofc you have to order okay, it's crazy how some people thinks it's okay to take pics in cafes/restaurants without ordering, where's the sense in that??? Also, please don't order the French Fries. It's the size of a side dish at a main dish price OMG
Okay, that was super chatty for a fashion post. Hope you enjoy anyway :D!
Bonus pic with the girls!
#Pink

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Gemes banget ci antingnya matching sama outfitnya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serius pas waktu itu post foto ini, naksir bgt sama dress nya kak. Warnanya cantik bgt. Ternyata earing nya ngga kalah cantiiiik 😍 unik bgt bentuknya origami burung kak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sukak bnget outfitnya ci��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucu banget antingnya kak,motifnya gak pasaran lucu juga kaya mainan burung yang dari kertas gitu,so cute
    Ig:rizkyamiftha1220

    ReplyDelete
  5. Antingnya lucu banget, matching lagi sama outfitnya 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kece bgt antingnya, desain nya artistik juga😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dress nya itu lhoh kak 😍 pas pertama x lihat langsung suka. Emang klop bgt sih sama si earring nya yg unik

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outfitnya cuco meyongg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dress, earringsnya semuanya perfect match banget sih... In LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful banget dress nya and eating nya super unikkk and elegan banget karena bentuk origami burung,cocok buat dipake santai maupun acara penting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Selalu suka sih sama cara kak Mindy ambil foto 😍 selalu keliatan menarik

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww.. Aku baru sadar ternyata pendant sama jepitnya pun cantik bgt kak 😍

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suka bgt style mix n match nya kak. Selalu keren dan serasi banget 😍

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seneng lihat konten nya kak. Selalu niat bgt, detail bgt, dan jelas bgt pastinya. Kepoin IG kak Mindy di @mgirl83 gengs. Banyak rekomendasi skinkare dan makeup yg komplit juga

    ReplyDelete
  15. My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr Ebhota herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was doubtful to try the Protocol thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by my friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of HPV/WART. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, and since I have be taking it for less than 3 days I have less outbreak. But within one week i was fully cured from WART/HPV. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great herb doctor contact with you all email him drebhotasolution@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348089535482. Pls try and help yourself out of warts completely today. he also c My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr Ebhota herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was doubtful to try the Protocol thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by my friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of HPV/WART. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, and since I have be taking it for less than 3 days I have less outbreak. But within one week i was fully cured from WART/HPV. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great herb doctor contact with you all email him drebhotasolution@gmail.com o r whatsapp +2348089535482. Pls try and help yourself out of warts completely today. he ure DIABETIES ULCAL CANCER etc.
    He also told me that he has solution for the flowing.
    1 Cancer cure
    2 Diabetes cure
    3 Ringing ear
    4 Herpes cure
    5 Warts cure
    6 HPV cure
    7 Get your ex back
    8 Pregnancy herbal medicine
    9 Prostate enlargement
    10 Hepatitis B
    11 Disability
    12 Kidney problem Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suka bgt sama dress nya kak bikin keliatan anggun bgtt😍♥️ btw antingnya juga lucuu bgtt😍

    ReplyDelete
  17. I spot another cute thing nih kak 😍 itu ternyata tas kecilnya juga cute bgttt.. Aku baru spot sekarang kak

    ReplyDelete
  18. Desain antingnya aku suka yang lucu seperti ini jarang banget liat anting model dan motifnya kreatif banget 😍👍

    ReplyDelete
  19. Iiii cantik anting nya, matching sama motif dress yg kakak pakai😍✨🪐

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look so pretty 😍 suka bngt sama aksesorisnya apalagi antingnyaaa 😍❤

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anting origami nya lucu bangeeet!! Cocok banget sama dress nya, dress nya juga cantik POL😭💙

    ReplyDelete